anatomy & biomechanics
Developing an understanding of the anatomy and biomechanics of the body is essential to the successful performance of yoga postures. Knowing not only what posture to do, but how to do it, is the difference between healing and hurting.
Sequentially understanding how to ideally align the body, increase stability, and maximize mobility safely are effective and necessary tools for both practitioners and teachers.
How we do the things we do matters, and at DIG Yoga, we teach our classes and workshops in a way that reflects this. Yoga and yoga therapeutics aren't different things. Good yoga should be therapeutic!
training with Naime jezzeny
Anatomy, Biomechanics and Corrective Exercises
A 15 hour Training for Yoga Teachers & Advanced Practitioners.
This 3-Day training focuses on learning anatomy and the therapeutic applications of yoga to actively relieve pain and repair injuries. A variety or musculo-skeletal injuries and misalignments related to the upper and lower body will be reviewed. Incorporation basic anatomy and proper alignment into practical therapeutic yoga routines for optimal health.
The following topics will be covered throughout the weekend:
- Human Movement Science
- Muscles & Functions
- Muscle Physiology
- Static Postural Assessment
- Transitional Postural Assessment
- Dynamic Postural Assessment
- Human Movement Impairments
- Common Postural Distortions
- Static & Dynamic Malalignments
- Range of Motion Assessment
- Self Myofacial Release (Scientific Rational)
- Scientific Rational for Stretching
- Isolated Strengthening Techniques
- Corrective Strategies for the following:
- Foot/ankle, Knee, Limb-Pelvic-Hip complex, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Neck