Dig Deeper Yoga Studies: Yoga Immersion
50-hour prerequisite to Teacher Training
DDYS 101 is an introductory investigation into the studies, philosophies and practices of yoga and is the entry point for the DIG DEEPER YOGA STUDIES 200-hour and 500-hour programs. This course is designed to help students dig deeper into their practice, providing an effective understanding of the biomechanical alignment of yoga postures (asana), as well as an expanded knowledge of yoga history and philosophy, and a deeper connection to a personal practice and life.
We will dive into the following topics:
• Essentials of asana practice - breath, foundation, general form, primary energy flows, and refinements of poses
• In-depth exploration of DIG Yoga's level one syllabus of postures, including standing poses, hip openers, arm balances, backbends, inversions, twists, seated postures, and restorative poses.
• Applied anatomy and biomechanics
• Fundamentals of pranayama (breathing exercises) & meditation
• History of yoga tradition
• Comparative study of yoga philosophy - Classical, Advaita Vedanta, Tantra
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, including the yamas & niyamas from a Tantric perspective
• Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita
• Overview of Ayurveda and the five elements
• Restorative yoga
• And more!
Check out this free talk with Sue to hear details on their training background and some frequently asked questions!
Required Reading List:
• DDYS 101 Course Manual
• Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
• Light on the Yoga Sutras, BKS Iyengar
• Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain
• Meditation For the Love of It, Sally Kempton
• Bhagavad Gita, Juan Mascaro
Suggested Reading List:
• Light on Pranayama, BKS Iyengar
• Refining the Breath, Doug Keller
• Hatha Yoga Illustrated, Martin Kirk
• Anatomy Coloring Book, Wynn Kapit and Lawrence M. Elson
Prerequisites: Moderate yoga experience and the desire to delve deeper into yoga studies.
Next Immersion Fall 2018
Tuition: $800 paid in full one month prior to start day, $850 by start of Immersion, $995 on payment plan (online registration not available for payment plan)
A $250 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space in DDYS 101